Product Warranty for Aquaria Water Systems in Australia
ABOUT THIS POLICY
All Aquaria products purchased from Aquaria Water Systems and its Authorised Resellers (‘Authorised Reseller’) are covered under 12-month product warranty unless specified. Returns, repairs or refunds under this warranty are facilitated to the extent permissible under Australian Consumer Law (‘ACL’). Customers should contact the Authorised Reseller from which they purchased the product to receive additional warranty procedure instructions.
These warranties are only available for devices purchased from an Authorised Reseller. For the avoidance of doubt, Aquaria does not offer any warranty, and subject to the ACL is not obliged to offer any repair, replacement, refund or other remedy for devices not purchased at an Authorised Reseller.
Your rights under the Limited Product Warranty are in addition to any rights you may have under the ACL – please refer below.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Aquaria warrants to the original purchaser that the product shall be free from defects (‘Limited Product Warranty’), subject to the exclusions set out below. This Limited Product Warranty only applies to products purchased from Aquaria and its Authorised Resellers and applies for 12-months from the date of receipt of shipment (‘Limited Product Warranty Period’). ‘Aquaria’ branded products purchased from an Authorised Reseller have a 12-month warranty period from the date of receipt of shipment.
Aquaria offers repairs as a remedy option under the Limited Product Warranty through its authorised service partners. If you have had your device repaired under the Limited Product Warranty or consumer guarantees, then your product will continue to be covered under the consumer guarantee or the Limited Product Warranty (subject to the ACL).
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (‘ACL’). For major failures with any services, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or a replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
If a hardware defect or problem with your device is found subject to a valid warranty claim lodged with the Authorised Reseller within the Limited Product Warranty.
- Repair the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts. Note that all repair services are through Panmi’s authorised service providers; or
- Replace the product with a new or refurbished product; or
- Refund the product in full.
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- Australia compliance product: In accordance with ACL, Aquaria may require the customer to provide proof of purchase details sufficient to establish that they are the purchaser of a device from an Authorised Reseller.
Customers are responsible for:
- Providing sufficient proof of purchase to evidence they are the purchaser of a device from an Authorised Reseller (such as an invoice or receipt).
- Immediately cease using the product upon discovering a defect or upon making a claim to the relevant Authorised Reseller.
- Either organising the return of the device, or returning the device in person, to Panmi (or a Panmi authorised service partner, if repair services are being offered).
- Adding protection from damage in transit (either use the original box or other adequate packaging if device is sent via freight).
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This Limited Product Warranty does not apply to any damage caused in the following circumstances:
- Damage or reduction in quality or performance caused by fair wear and tear;
- Devices provided free of charge or at a $0 cost;
- Damage caused by nature or acts of God, for example, lightning strikes, cyclones and the like;
- Negligent or incorrect use of the product;
- Commercial use of the product;
- Unauthorised modifications to any part of the product;
- Damage caused by use with non- Xiaomi products or parts;
- Damage caused by negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes;
- Damage caused by failing to follow the provided instructions relating to the device, or operating the Product outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer’s instructions provided by Xiaomi or with improper voltage or power supply;
- Damage caused by servicing of the product (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not authorised by Panmi to perform such services; or
- Damage caused by natural wear and tear.
Aquaria also does not provide servicing (i.e. general product maintenance if ever needed over its life expectancy) under the Limited Product Warranty. These services can be purchased from Panmi at an additional cost (please contact us if you would like to arrange servicing).
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY
In order to make a claim under the Limited Product Warranty, please contact [email protected]. You will then be contacted by the Panmi support team to discuss the issue in more depth, which may include requesting you provide additional materials in relation your claim. If you are requesting a repair, or if Aquaria determines that a repair is appropriate, we may ask that you also email us or call on our 1800 number.
If necessary, you may need to send the device to one of our authorised service partners, where a technician will investigate the issue.
CLAIMS OUT OF WARRANTY
If your problem is not covered by the Limited Product Warranty, you will be notified of the situation, and provided an inspection report and estimated quote for the cost of the repairs. Within days of your receipt of the inspection report, you will must to choose to either:
- Have the product returned to you (at your own cost, of freight or transport is required);
- Pick up the product from the authorised service centre in its current state within seven days of you notifying us of this decision; or
- Pay to have the product repaired, then returned to you (at your own cost, of freight or transport is required).
If Aquaria does not receive instructions, or you fail to pick up the product, after the maximum number of days allowed, the product will be sent to temporary storage. You will be charged any applicable freight / transport costs, as well as a storage fee of $5 per day. If you fail to contact us to come to an arrangement in relation to the return or repair of your product after 30 days (from the date of storage), we will treat the product as abandoned.